Driven by the power of contributing to technological progress and humanity as a whole, Mr. Richman, the founder of SpheresTec LTD, invented a basic (fundamental) component that enables the assembly of a unique “helping hand” for surgeons.
An OR table-mounted system that provides a full range of motion for holding and securely positioning surgical instruments, turns from rigid to flexible with a simple press of a button/pedal.
The main feature that distinguishes the SpheresTec system from other similar systems is: the large loads it is able to bear (carry), in relation to the small diameter and the low self-weight of the system, that is, thanks to a unique patented internal structure of the arm joints, the patent was granted in 2017.
SpheresTec named the new technology – HiLEL (High Load Exchangeable Location).
SpheresTec recently participated in a study that was carried out for about 18 months, in one of the 10 best hospitals in the word.
Research topic: Examining the effectiveness of an ergonomic intervention among surgical assistants in MIS (minimally invasive surgery).
Wireless EMG sensors were attached to the subject’s body at several points to measure his muscles activity, a first reference test without SpheresTec LCPS (laparoscopic camera positioning system) and then a similar analysis with the SpheresTec LCPS included.
The results of thesis research are going to be officially publish soon,
Differences in pain were found in some muscles, especially in the central deltoid and the biceps muscles, in addition to the wrist.
These results could explain the long-term damage that surgeons may develop years later.
Feedback from visitors to SpheresTec exhibitions:
• “It’s Only a Matter of Time Before This Technology is Used in Many Different Applications That Couldn’t Be achieved Before. It’s Really Going to Be Revolutionary.”
• “Finally, the interns will be able to practice properly”.
• “It will be definitely safer to the patients! it is not easy to hold ~0.5kg (~1lb)of the camera load, stably and accurately for several hours”
• “This will help reduce the damage to the muscles, joints and skeleton that doctors carry with them from the internship period.”
• “This allows the surgical team to free up their assistant to perform other tasks during the procedure”
• “In certain emergencies, it allows certain surgical operations to be performed without an additional human hand.”
SpheresTec medical device portfolio includes:
1. UPS– Uterine Positioning System for gynecological surgeries, for example, hysterectomy.
2. LCPS– Laparoscopic Camera Positioning System for MIS surgeries
Designed to aid in surgical and diagnostic gynecologic (GYN), as well as abdominal surgical laparoscopy.
3. Medical retractors and liver lifting
4. Limb positioner